Low Income Assistance Program
The Lifeline Program is designed to help qualified low-income individuals monthly cost of basic telephone and electric service. 1 (866) 454-8387
You can apply for Lifeline Discounts by calling toll free 1 (866) 454-8387 or by going to their website and filling out an application on the LITE-UP Texas Program. Please mail your completed application to:
1779 Wells Branch Parkway
Suite 110B #357
Austin, TX 78728-7022
Telephone Discount Program
AT&T - Low Income Assistance Program
- Available to qualified low-income customers. Also available, if a resident member of your household is a recipient of a qualified program.
- The program can provide a discount up to $13.50 off your telephone bill.
- The discount will appear on the next telephone bill after your completed application and documentation have been approved.
- You are eligible if you have an outstanding telephone bill and have had your telephone service disconnected, or if you’re about to be disconnected.
- A resident is qualified if the current total household income is at or below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- A resident is also qualified if they are currently receiving:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program support
- Food stamps
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Health benefit coverage under Child Health Plan (CHIP) under Chapter 62 support
Electric Discount Program
TXU Oncor – Low Income Assistance Program
- Available to qualify low-income customers.
- The program can provide a discount on your electricity bill if you live in an area where you have a choice of electricity power.
- The electric discount program is a five month program.
- The discount will be on the May through September bills only, after your completed application and documentation has been approved.
- You may be automatically enrolled in the discount program if you already receive certain benefits from the Health and Human Services Commissions, such as: food stamps and Medicaid.