SPAN serves a hot nutritious meal, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 12:00 pm, each week.
- Congregate suggested meal donation is $2 for those 60 and over, and a required fee of $5 for those under 60.
- Pre-registration required
Join us on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm, in the Senior Center Library.
- March Book: The Horse Dancer, by Jojo Moyes
- RSVP at the front desk to be a part of the next book club.
Join us for a free movie and popcorn on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Arrive a little early to claim your seat!
- March 6, 2:00 pm - Wonder (PG) - Based on the New York Times bestseller, WONDER tell the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time. Starring Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson.
- March 20, 2:00 pm - Same Kind of Different as Me (PG13) - International art dealer Ron Hall must befriend a dangerous homeless man in order to save his struggling marriage to his wife, a woman whose dreams will lead all three of them on the journey of their lives.
Coffee ClubEvery Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Stop by and grab a cup of coffee and chat. Who knows, you might meet a new friend.
Thursdays, 10:00 am
Have you always want to learn to play guitar, or maybe you used to play but it's been a long time? Come pick up the guitar with beginner guitar lessons. The instructor will have a guitar to share if you want to try it out. Sign up today!
Thursdays, 1:00 pm
Class: March 1
Workshops: March 8, 15, 22, and 29
Bring your pictures, glue and embellishments and create memories that will be forever cherished
- Class will have ideas and techniques taught
- Workshops will be time to work on your projects as a group.
Wondering where you came from? Want to pass on your family's history on to future generations? Come learn about genealogy and become fascinated with your family tree.
- Wednesday, March 21, 1:00 pm
- Instructor: Duana Blakey
- This class is free
Quilting with Leslie
Join us for this wonderful quilting class. Even if you know how already, or want to learn...it's great fun for everyone! When you come to class you will be provided with a list of supplies that you may possibly need to bring, if you have them.
- 1:00 pm every Monday
- Instructor: Leslie Maynard
- This class is free
Monthly Senior Luncheon
Join us for our monthly luncheon with great food and great friends. The main dish is provided, please bring a side dish or dessert to share. The luncheon is held at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm every 4th Tuesday. Lunch is served at 12:00 pm. Golf cart rides are available for those that need assistance. Please arrive between 10:30 am and 11:30 am, if you need a ride on the golf cart.
- Tuesday, March 27: Baked Potato Bar
Arts and Crafts
- 10:00 am every Tuesday (except luncheon days)
Crochet and Knitting
- 10:00 am every Wednesday
- Bring your own supplies, or we have some for you
Sunshine Huggie Quilts
Thursdays, March 1 and 15, 9:30 am
Volunteers are creating kid-sized Huggie quilts to give out to children in crisis and to the Abuse Center. In 2016 we donated 94 quilts. No quilting or sewing experience necessary! Stop in and see what you can do to help.
Come on a boot scoot with us at our line dancing classes!
- 8:30 am every Wednesday and Friday
Join us on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1:00 pm for birthday cake and ice cream, as we celebrate the current months birthdays. Create your own ice cream sundae with a slice of birthday cake.
Please contact the Senior Center if you have any questions at (972) 731-1464.