Law Enforcement Explorers
What is Exploring?
Law Enforcement Exploring provides educational training programs for young adults on the purpose, mission, and objectives of law enforcement. The program provides career orientation experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within law enforcement and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and our nation.
- Must be at least 14 years old and have completed the 8th grade, but not yet 21 years of age
- If in school, maintain a minimum grade of "C" average, or a 2.5 GPA. If not in school, must be a high school graduate
- Be of good moral character and have a good reputation
- Have no criminal history ( a basic background check will be performed)
- Have permission of parents / guardians, if under 18 years of age
- Live within Little Elm, Oak Point, Frisco or other areas immediately surrounding Little Elm
- Membership is open to both males and females
The Ride-Along Program provides the Explorer with the opportunity to ride-along with and observe Officers as they work in the field. The Explorers will have the opportunity to observe, experience, and learn about law enforcement first hand.
You are welcome to visit one of our training sessions. We generally meet on Monday nights from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
If you would like to schedule a visit, or just get more information please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (214) 618-1874