Fitness & Wellness
Strength, Core & Balance Fitness Class
Join us for this high energy workout. This class will put you through an advanced workout. All classes are an hour in length and are free.
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00 am
- All classes are held in the Little Elm Recreation Center, located next door to the Senior Center
- You must have a Senior Center membership to attend
- No class on September 19
Yoga for Seniors
This free program will encompass centering, breathing, and breaking down the postures. The yoga postures taught will include sitting, standing, lying down, balance, stretching, and final relaxation.
- Mondays, 9:00 am
- Thursdays, 3:00 pm
More fun than you can possibly stand - while seated! Come enjoy this fun-filled game played with a beach ball. Chair volleyball is great for upper body mobility and joint flexibility. It enhances muscle tone, reflexes, hand-to-eye coordination, and endurance. Rules are similar to regular volleyball except we keep 'cheeks on the chair!'
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:15 am
- All games played in the Little Elm Recreation Center Gym
- No games played on luncheon days
Walk Slim Video
Come in and join this fun high energy walking video. It is both inspiring and fun. Dress comfortably and wear your walking shoes.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 4:00 pm
Walk & Talk
Come and join a fun group of seniors as they walk each morning. We walk in the gym in the Recreation Center for safety and comfort.
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 8:30 am
This Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program stretches, strengthens and tones muscles in a no-impact exercise class. If you have arthritis or just need to start a regular program, this free class is the place for you. This is an ongoing class that may be joined at any time.
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 10:30 am
The Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi Program is designed to improve the quality of life for people with arthritis using Sun Style Tai Chi. This style includes agile steps and exercises that may improve mobility, breathing and relaxation.
- Level 1: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:30 am - This is a 1-month class and may be joined on the 1st Monday or Wednesday of each month.
- Level 2: Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:00 pm - Class requirements: Must know all of the 1st set and the 2nd set of movements, and be familiar with the 3rd set of movements. This class strengthens your knowledge of all 3 sets of movements, as well as deepens the understanding of the Tai Chi philosophy. Instructor approval required for class.
Free Blood Pressure Checks
Free blood pressure checks are available at the Senior Center during all operating hours. These can be very valuable for many individuals, not just those with high blood pressure and should be done routinely. No appointment necessary. Get yours checked today!
Vitamin B12 Shots
Vitamin B12 is a nutrient your body needs to naturally give you: Increased energy; Restored mental clarity and decreased memory loss; and Reduced daily stress and irritability. Shots are provided by Flu Shots of America, and are $20 per shot. No insurance accepted. Ask the front desk for more information.
- 3rd Wednesday of each month, 10:00 am - 10:30 am
If you need assistance maximizing your benefits or are confused by all the changes, we might be able to help. Melinda Gardner with the Area Agency on Aging will help you navigate these troubles. Contact Annette at (972) 731-1465 and she will help you set up a phone session or a private session. This service is available at no charge.
Little Elm Cancer Care Group
We are a cancer support group sharing a lunch as well as a social time to meet with other survivors and caregivers. There will be a speaker or chairperson speaking at each meeting during our lunch. Please feel free to contact Mary or Rosemary if you need their help or support before the next meeting. Mary Dickenson at (972) 292-2346 or Rosemary Mills at (972) 668-1615.
Please contact the Senior Center if you have any questions at (972) 731-1464.