SPAN serves a hot nutritious meal, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 12:00 pm, each week.
- Congregate suggested meal donation is $2 for those 60 and over, and a required fee of $5 for those under 60.
- Pre-registration required
- July Meal Menu
Join us on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 1:00 pm, in the Senior Center Library.
- No book for July
- August Book: The Host, by Robin Cook
- September Book: The Lake House, by Kate Morten
- October Book: A Long Way Home, by Saroo Brierley
- November Book: The Wonder, by Emma Donoghue
- RSVP at the front desk to be a part of the next book club.
Join us for a free movie and popcorn on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Arrive a little early to claim your seat!
- July 18, 2:00 pm - Beauty and the Beast (PG) - Yes, Beauty and the Beast is a tale as old as time, but this brand-new version has been reworked in ways that are worthy of modern audiences. The very-anticipated reboot of Disney's 1991 animated classic stays true to the original in terms of iconic scenes and story, but it has been enhanced through stunning sets, amazingly lifelike computer effects (you'll believe clocks can talk) and a stellar cast. The narrative follows the same path as the original (spoiler alert): girl meets beast, girl falls in love with beast, and after a few hiccups (thanks to Gaston), they live happily ever after. The 2017 version is sprinkled with a few additional songs, fresh snippets of clever dialogue and a totally new essence thanks to the live-action format.
Coffee ClubEvery Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Stop by and grab a cup of coffee and chat. Who know, you might meet a new friend.
Thursdays, 1:00 pm
Class: July 6
Workshops: July 13, 20 and 27
Bring your pictures, glue and embellishments and create memories that will be forever cherished. Class will have ideas and techniques taught. Workshops will be time to work on your projects as a group.
Wondering where you came from? Want to pass on your family's history on to future generations? Come learn about genealogy and become fascinated with your family tree.
- Wednesday, July 19, 1:00 pm
- Instructor: Duana Blakey
- This class is free
Quilting with Leslie
Join us for this wonderful quilting class. Even if you know how already, or want to learn...it's great fun for everyone! When you come to class you will be provided with a list of supplies that you may possibly need to bring, if you have them.
- 1:00 pm every Monday
- No quilting classes for July
- Instructor: Leslie Maynard
- This class is free
Monthly Senior Luncheon
Join us for our monthly luncheon with great food and great friends. The main dish is provided, please bring a side dish or dessert to share. The luncheon is held at 11:00 am - 2:00 pm every 4th Tuesday. Lunch is served at 12:00 pm. Golf cart rides are available for those that need assistance. Please arrive between 10:30 am and 11:30 am, if you need a ride on the golf cart.
- Tuesday, July 25: Hamburgers, catered by Water's Edge
Arts and Crafts
- 10:00 am every Tuesday (except luncheon days)
Crochet and Knitting
- 10:00 am every Wednesday
- Bring your own supplies, or we have some for you
Sunshine Huggie Quilts
Thursdays, July 6 and 20, 9:30 am
Volunteers are creating kid-sized Huggie quilts to give out to children in crisis and to the Abuse Center. In 2016 we donated 94 quilts. No quilting or sewing experience necessary! Stop in and see what you can do to help.
Come on a boot scoot with us at our line dancing classes!
- 8:30 am every Wednesday and Friday
- No class on July 12 and July 14
Birthday (and Root Beer Float) Social
Join us on the 2nd Monday of each month at 1:00 pm for birthday cake, ice cream, and root beer floats, as we celebrate the current months birthdays. Create your own ice cream sundae with a slice of birthday cake.
Please contact the Senior Center if you have any questions at (972) 731-1464.